Film Festival submission and PAW Award Information
Our program director, John Scagliotti, is searching the globe for a variety of bear feature, documentary and short film submissions for this year's festival. If you have a bear film, know a filmmaker who'd like to submit a film, or you recently viewed a great bear flick on youtube, we'd like to hear from you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a copy of your film to:
After Stonewall Productions
158 Kopkind Road
Guilford, Vermont 05301
att. John Scagliotti.
The PAW Award
The 2014 Vermont Bear Film Festival Short Film Contest. To be awarded Saturday Aug. 23rd before the Barn Dance.
Are you a filmmaker, videographer, or just like to play around with your video camera? You could be selected by the 2014 VT Bear Film Festival audience to win this year's coveted PAW Award and $250.00.
The winner will also be included on the next "Shorts from the Vermont Bear Film Festival" DVD, and invited to present your film in the 2014
Pride of the Ocean Film Festival in Hawaii (the festival takes place Oct. 11 through 18, 2014.)
For entry submission questions, e-mail John Scagliotti, our festival program director at email@example.com If you are entering the PAW award contest, please refer to the RULES and GUIDELINES section below. Submission deadline is July 25, 2014.
Previous PAW Award Winners
|Avec de Excuses a Alfred||Bearly Haunted||Smak dem Christians Down!||Wide 'n' Furry||Get Happy||Foot Soldier||Spooners|
PAW Award Rules and Guidelines
- Shorts must be original works, with all rights reserved by the filmmaker. No copyrighted material may be included, unless the copyright owner has given the filmmaker permission to use the content, including but not limited to all music, stock footage, stills and performances. Filmmakers will be required to indemnify the Vermont Bear Film Festival, its staff, sponsors and support foundations if any copyright issues are raised by the inclusion of their short in the contest.
- Only short films that have not been submitted in past Vermont Bear Film Festivals will be entered in this year's contest. We define a short film as being less than 30 minutes in length, including title and credits.
- The winning short, selected by the Bear Festival audience, will be featured on the next "Shorts from the Vermont Bear Film Festival" DVD.
- If selected for inclusion in the festival program, the filmmaker/producer grants permission to the VT Bear Film Festival to use it as part of its promotional materials package, including but not limited to trailers, web ads, print ads, email blasts, and any other promotional materials for the Vermont Bear Film Festival.
- There are no entry fees; however, if you wish to have your DVD or VHS returned, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with your entry.